A MSM Supplement is Intended for Everyone!
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM, also known as dimethyl sulfone) is an organic form of sulfur that is becoming a hot new dietary supplement and subject of scientific and medical study. New research suggests that the importance of MSM supplements in our modern diets has been grossly underestimated. Some health professionals already consider methylsulfonylmethane to be almost as significant as Vitamin C as its known benefits are already so broad that the supplement would likely be beneficial to everyone in a great number of ways.
Leading Producer of Opti Methylsulfonylmethane and Natural Health Supplements
MSM Informational Video
What is MSM and Why Do We Need it?
Sulfur is a vital element to the human body and methylsulfonylmethane is now believed to be the most important source of organic sulfur for the body (though unfortunately, not necessarily the most common). Studies suggest that the human body must maintain a minimum level of methylsulfonylmethane for normal structure and function. Methylsulfonylmethane deficiency has been linked to fatigue, increased psychological and physical stress, and depression, as well as a great number of specific degenerative diseases and conditions. Hence the importance of a MSM supplement.
Methylsulfonylmethane is present in many fresh fruits and vegetables but, due to its volatility, quickly deteriorates with time or almost any sort of food processing. The problem for modern society is that it can be difficult to obtain very fresh food and most of our foods are cooked, preserved, or otherwise processed in a way that destroys the methylsulfonylmethane. In fact, the conventions and practices in modern societies eliminate almost all MSM from our diets. This is why adding an MSM supplement to our modern diet is more important now than ever before.
Potential Benefits From an MSM Supplement
• Hair, Nails, and Skin: Sulfur is a necessary component in collagen and keratin, which are in turn, necessary for the growth, maintenance, and health of hair, nails and skin. Therefore, a MSM supplement can help to promote the health and growth of hair, nails, and skin.
• Allergies: a MSM supplement is known to alleviate symptoms of many allergies including inhalation, contact, and food allergies.
• Stress and Chronic Fatigue: many people taking methylsulfonylmethane over periods of months to a year have reported feeling generally better, stronger, and more energetic.
• Arthritis: a MSM supplement has been shown to greatly reduce inflammation and joint degeneration as well as pain associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Chronic Pain: perhaps the most remarkable and extensive benefit from methylsulfonylmethane. Types of chronic pain that have been successfully treated with a MSM supplement include:
– Accidental/surface injury (cuts, bruises, scars, burns, etc)
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
– Headache, migraine
– Localized sports injury (e.g. Tennis elbows)
– Lower back pain
– Muscle aches
– Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
– Whiplash (neck injury)
– Repititive Strain Injury (RSI)
• Cramps and Muscle Soreness: a MSM supplement helps relieve stiff muscles and joints as well as leg and back cramps.
• Antioxidant: Methylsulfonylmethane reduces oxidative damage by neutralizing free radicals which in turn helps prevent or reduce the risk of cancer and age-related macular degeneration.
• Detoxification: Methylsulfonylmethane assists in destroying or removing many organic and inorganic toxic substances from the body.
• Vitamin and Nutrient Synergy: Methylsulfonylmethane helps cells absorb and preserve vitamins and nutrients from foods and other supplements including vitamin A, all B-vitamins, vitamin C, D, and E, calcium, selenium, magnesium, amino acids, and others.
• Neurological Protection: Methylsulfonylmethane helps to purge toxic materials and compounds that can accumulate in the brain and nervous system to eventually cause severe neurological disturbances such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
• Parasites: preliminary studies show that a MSM supplement appears to have anti-parasitic properties a number of common intestinal worms.
• Diabetes: a MSM supplement helps balance blood sugar levels and return the pancreas to normal.
• Other?: The research on methylsulfonylmethane is ongoing and given the record so far, it is likely that more benefits from a MSM supplement will be discovered in the future.
MSM Supplement Safety
Methylsulfonylmethane is considered non-toxic and very safe as a supplement. Clinical trials with MSM supplement doses ranging from 1,500mg – 6000mg reported no side effects. This probably reflects the fact that sulfur is essential to the body and you need quite a lot of it to remain healthy. Though there is no established daily value for methylsulfonylmethane, the recommended dose for a MSM supplement is generally around 1.8 g (1800 mg) a day.
A MSM supplement is extremely beneficial to good health in general, as well as a large number of specific conditions. However, just like Vitamin C, MSM is not a panacea or ‘cure all’ for any ailment of the body. Just like every vitamin supplement and every important vitamin, mineral, and nutrient in general, a MSM supplement well help you keep healthy but a healthy diet and lifestyle are always necessary components as well.
Everyone needs methylsulfonylmethane and in primitive hunter/gatherer societies (the vast majority of our evolution), it is very likely that our ancestors received sufficient degrees of this vital element. However, in our present society with its processed foods, we likely do not receive enough methylsulfonylmethane naturally and therefore, the supplement is both recommended and intended for everyone.